SHIMANO REEL CURADO CU200XGK
Considered by many to be the benchmark for reliability and versatility, the Shimano Curado platform has long been trusted by generations of anglers as a workhorse casting reel. The latest installment in this legendary series of reels is the Curado 200K, a new offering that makes use of Shimano’s top technologies such as super smooth MicroModule Gear to take the Curado name to the next level. Anglers of all skill levels will appreciate the ease of adjustment the SVS Infinity Braking allows, and the increased casting distance achieved in conjunction with Super Free Spool.
Equally at home in both freshwater or saltwater; the Curado 200K’s improved ergonomics, longer handle, and Cross Carbon Drag system give the angler more control when fighting their target species. Whether you are looking for a new “jack of all trades” casting reel or need a new reel for a specific technique, Shimano Curado 200K Casting Reels are offered in both left and right-hand as well as multiple gear ratios from 6.2:1 up to 8.5:1 to ensure you have the right tool for the job.
This image and description is for illustration purposes only and may not reflect the actual representation of the product. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or suitability of this image or description for any particular purpose as this information may contain inaccuracies or errors. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors. See full T&C’s
- Micro Module Gear - State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it’s stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- SVS Infinity - Provides easy to manage, consistent spool control and brake force that is easily adjusted as conditions change. Brake weights use inner friction against the raceway during the cast for precision casting even when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides quick, precise adjustments on the fly for when conditions or baits change.
- Super Free Spool - SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. The pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which keeps the gear in perfect alignment with the spool shaft to eliminate friction for longer casts and smoother operation.
- Super Stopper - Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing to eliminate back-play in the reel and provide the angler with instant power when setting the hook.
- A-RB Bearings - These stainless steel bearings are specially treated to drastically increase corrosion resistance and will last more than 10 times longer than traditional ball bearings in saltwater enviornments.
- Cross Carbon Drag - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.