PENN REEL BATTLE II 5000
The PENN Battle II 5000 is looking awesome in classic PENN black with gold trimmings and highlights. The heavy porting on the spool is a cosmetic highlight while also decreasing the weight and improving the turning balance. The Superline spool delivers impeccable casting manners which makes it ideal as a medium sized spinning reel for the rocks and beach as well as casting lures from your favourite vessel. The spool also has the recently added Line Capacity Rings now an integral part of the PENN range.
The 5000 size plus the awesome features of the battle II provides the angler with a huge amount of scope for fishing different applications. Strap it to bit of rod with length and you’ll have an awesome weapon for ripping drummer out of the cover of rocks. When you have a few in the bag, switch over to a metal slice and toss it hard into the wash for Tailor, Mackerel and Bonito. You may pick up a prowling Kingfish. And that’s just Saturday. Sunday you can hit the beach and cast pipis for Whiting Dart and Bream. There may be big Salmon on the 5 kilo mark with them, so hang on. You’ll have to wait until next weekend to take the boat out, but it’s fair to say, your imagination is the limit there.
- 5000 Size
- Line Capacity (mono) approx 225yards/12lb, 200 yards/15lb or 135yards/20lb
- Line Capacity (braid) approx 420 yards / 20lb, 300 yards/30lb or 240 yards of 40lb
- Max Drag of 12kg
- Line per crank 36 inches Per Turn
- Reel Weight 559g
- 5.6:1 Ratio
- Full Metal Body, side plate, and rotor
- HT-100 carbon fibre drag washers
- 5+1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- Instant Anti- Reverse bearing
- Superline Spool (line not included)
- Line Capacity Rings